Hello and welcome to Top Ten Tuesdays hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl!
I’ve been meaning to make a bookish confessions post for some time now. Since today’s topic is a freebie, I decided that that day would be today. It was so much fun to sit down and think about some of my confessions.
- Spying. I love seeing people reading in public. I will often stare in someone’s direction just to see if I can figure out which book they’re reading, especially if it’s one that I’ve read and enjoyed. Don’t worry, I don’t do anything weird like invade your space or whatever, I simply look and then I move on. It’s mostly that I have to know what they’re reading!
- I don’t let people borrow my books. I’m very protective when it comes to my books so people hate borrowing from me, even my brother. That means no dog-ears, no writing, you return it, and you can’t lose it. I take excellent care of my books so I expect all books to be returned better than I when I let you borrow it.
- I’m probably never going to be able to read my TBR before I die. The mountain is growing by the thousands.
- I haven’t read every Jane Austen novel. It’s true. Jane Austen is my favorite author. While I have read Emma, Pride & Prejudice, and Sense & Sensibility, I still haven’t read Persuasion, Mansfield Park, or Northanger Abbey. I’ve seen most of the movie adaptations though.
- I sniff books. I’m not joking. Whether it’s a used book or a brand spanking new one, I always find myself sniffing them. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as the smell of a good book. Unless it’s one filled with cigarette smoke, then that’s gross.
- I’m attracted to beautiful covers. I will purchase a book simply based on a cover without knowing anything about it.
- I don’t write in my books unless it is a textbook or a Bible. If it isn’t one of those, but I want to remember a particular quote or something I want to remember, I will write them down into a notebook or a journal.
- I am a book hoarder. It’s true. I own almost 900 physical copies of books. Since I don’t own a bookshelf, they are in bins or stacked neatly in places like my desk or dresser.
- I don’t always read the book before the movie. There are so many books that are turned into movies every day that it is impossible to read all of them. Many times I end up picking up a copy a book that I actually read because of the movie.
- I’m a mood reader. There isn’t an order to the books I read at all. Unless I have a deadline for a particular book, I always read by whatever genre I’m in the mood for.