Today we need to talk about the GDPR. GDPR∗ is the new an improved data directive which goes into effect on May 25, 2018.
What information do I collect?
- Your email if you follow/subscribe to my blog
- If you follow a specific blog post with a giveaway, I use Rafflecopter to record your name and email address so I have a way to let you know your winning status. You can read more about my policy, HERE.
- If you are a winner of one of my giveaways, I will contact you through email and ask for your mailing address so I can send your prize to you. You can read more about my policy HERE.
When you subscribe to my blog, you will receive updates about new blog posts, author interviews, and any bookish content that I post on the blog.
You are allowed to unsubscribe at any time. As much as I appreciate your following me, I understand that sometimes things change. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the unfollow button on the sidebar or by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the bottom of any emails I send. If you don’t unsubscribe by May 25, 2018, then I’ll assume you’ll want to continue following the blog, but of course, I still hope you’ll continue to want to receive updates. And of course, you are still able to unsubscribe at any time if you choose to.
What do I do with your information?
- Email you about new blog posts and giveaways
- Contact you if you’ve won a giveaway
That is all I use it for.
I will never ever sell your information that you trustingly provided to me anyone for any reason. Mostly because it’s rude, but my goal with this blog is to spread the love Jesus Christ through my love of reading Christian Fiction.
Now that that is out of the way, what are you currently reading on this wonderful stormy day? Or at least it’s storming here as I type this.
∗Thank you Nicole from The Christian Fiction Girl for sharing this handy article, “General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements, deadlines, and facts” by Michael Nadeau. It helped me understand what this all means.