Hello Fellow Book Lovers! Armchair Book Expo is quickly approaching, with the big event kicking off next week!! Can you believe it?!? I’m super excited to be a part especially since I’m unable to attend the real thing. I love this because I can still feel like I’m part of the event while sitting at home on the couch in my pajamas!
For the first day, let me start by introducing myself.
- I am Becky. I’m a single 25-year-old college graduate with a bachelors degree in counseling. I have two fur babies that I absolutely love (One is a White Shepherd mix named Sunni and the other is a Siberian Husky named Storm).
- Currently I’m trying to get back into routine again which isn’t easy after coming back from vacation. We’ll get there eventually.
- I love books, anything to do with books, relaxing on the beach and traveling.
- My current read is The Most Misused Bible Stories by Eric J. Bargerhuff. I’m near the end so I’ll have a review posted here on the blog soon! I’m also reading a The Secret Slipper by Amanda Tero.
- My blog/social media sites can be found: Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
Best Practices in the Online Book Community:
I highly recommend following your favorite authors and publishers through their blogs, newsletters, and social media sites. This is a great way for you to get to know about new releases, giveaways, arc copies/launch teams, and even just day to day about the author’s lives. I would also recommend following your favorite blogs from fellow readers. They’re the ones that can give you the best suggestions about your next read. I’ve also joined a few Facebook Groups that are made just for readers to connect with other readers and authors.
Armchair Book Expo is the experience for book bloggers to participate in Book Expo from the comfort of their homes. This experience is created lovingly by book bloggers specifically for our peers who for whatever reason are not able to participate in the main conference in New York each year. We bring publishers, authors, and bloggers together in celebrating our love for all things literary by hosting celebrations such as sneak peeks, daily discussion topics, and sponsored giveaways.